<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

Statement On Content

I am not going to take a position here that what I say about the stories and events I comment on is fair and balanced. I was just listening MSNBC where the talking head (don’t know the name... don’t care, either) was openly wondering whether the blogosphere could be a legitimate source of news since they don’t have tons of people dedicated to researching the news and checking the facts.

I presume he would prefer his news from organizations that do have those resources. Like CBS. Ahem.

Personally, I try to link to “Mainstream” (i.e. Old) Press stories whenever I can to preemptively take away the oft-repeated canard from the Left that Conservatives are just blind to the truth. That said, what I say about those stories is the reason I post at all, usually. And what I say most definitely comes from a biased point of view.

I’m a Conservative. Deal with it.

But, should anybody reading this (that means both of you) find an actual, demonstrate-able falsehood here then I hope you’ll take the time to tell me about it. I won’t intentionally lie, but I’m far from perfect (well, maybe not “far,” maybe just a smidgen). Of course, hyperbole is on tap here, and is immune from “gotcha-ing.” :D

And though I do occasionally joke about the size of my readership here, you might want to keep one thing in mind: I still have more readers than Al Franken has listeners.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?