<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 13, 2004

Thank You, Dan Rather

No, I actually mean that. You’ve done quite a service for me and mine. Here I’ve been, doing the John-the-Baptist routine, preaching how “one of these days!” the Internet was going to make itself felt in the bowels of the Mainstream Media Megalith. But what really needed to happen was some kind of dramatic moment, some event that was so obvious, so completely odious in intent and execution that, once seen, could not be ignored by the rest of the media.

What I didn’t expect was such a spectacular debut for the New Media. Even if I had put into action a truly Machiavellian master plan to springboard the New Media into the sunlight, I don’t think I’d have come up with something so entirely audacious. It simply would have been too much to believe.

Which just goes to show you: the little guys screw it up from time to time, but to really f*&% things up you need a Network Anchor.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?