<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Where Have They Gone?

I’m sitting here watching TBS’s presentation of From The Earth To The Moon. Good stuff.

But watching it causes a pestering question to keep coming up in my mind.

There was a President who once said: "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy but because they are hard."

Admirable. And forward-looking. Even inspirational.

That president, John Kennedy, was a Democrat. And I really don’t see any remnants of that spirit left in that party anymore.

Anybody here seen my old friend John? Scoop? Harry?

I didn’t think so.

Comments:
Great Series. I enjoyed watching them, when they first appeared on HBO. And though I do not remember JFK speaking at the time. He is cut from a different cloth that John Kerry. It is sad that the JFK legacy has been distorted by the present crop of Democrat's.
Tom Hanks did a great job. The best part was see all the unsung heroes of Appollo. You know; all the tech's, teachers and family members. Who contributed to the mission. Many of whom, we never knew existed.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?