<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

IT’S OVER!

Well, I know I haven’t been blogging for a while. For two weeks I was in San Diego, and the only computer I had access to was not to be used for politicking. If you know what I do, you know what I mean.

In the last few days I’ve just been taking things in, and watching. And also, Blogger.com has been down for a while. But I’m back now.

I’d like to say that this election was a nail-biter. I don’t think it really ever was. Elsewhere I predicted on Monday that President Bush (man, I love writing that!) would get 52% of the vote, with Senator Kerry getting somewhat less than 48%. That turned out to be pretty close to how it turned out.

I also predicted that President Bush would take Iowa, Florida and New Mexico, Minnesota. Senator Kerry would take New Jersey, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Michigan. Kind of a mixed bag there, I suppose.

I said that that the President would get 285 electoral votes. I think he’s going to wind up with 286. Still waiting for Fox to call New Mexico and Iowa. But USA Today has called New Mexico for the President, and Iowa is leaning that direction.

...

That said, wow! Was that exciting or what?! I’m absolutely giddy about this extremely strong Republican victory. And every few minutes I get a sudden realization of what this means.

Our foreign policy will remain steadfast and strong. We did not pull a “Spain” and betray our troops in the field, and our children at home.

Our domestic policy will continue on a rational path. Michael Moore will not be appointing judges to the Federal courts, including the Supreme Court.

George Soros, MoveOn.org, Americans Coming Together, and the Professional Protestor Pukes will not be crafting US law.

Former President Carter can now shut the hell up, please.

I’ve made the decision to keep the Gloat Factor to a minimum, but I do have to point out to my Democratic friends that the American people have spoken. They’ve done so clearly and convincingly (thank God). The battle is over, and it’s time to pick up the wreckage of the Democratic Party and do a serious re-evaluation of methods and goals.

Again, “what were you thinking?” You decided to go nuclear with this campaign. You took the Howard Dean path, and ended up right at the same spot you would have if Dean had been your nominee. I think you should have stuck with him in the first place because you ended up with exactly the same rhetoric, but coming from a candidate who was deeply flawed.

I just heard Bob Beckel on Fox, and he’s still firing away with his caustic hyperbole. Did he not get the memo? Are you Democrats going to continue with Fahrenheit 9/11-style politics? If you do, what do you think the American people are going to do with you?

You called our President a liar, a thug, a murderer, a thief, a warmonger, a butcher, and numerous other things you refused to call Saddam Hussein and Osama bin-Laden.

You have received the Mother of All Wake-Up Calls. You’d better pay attention to it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?