<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Ugh, Canada.


In an e-mail exchange I was having a couple weeks ago I made the assertion that there were Democrats feeling “in droves” to Canada because of the election. My e-mailing buddy immediately jumped on that, saying that he didn’t know a single Democrat who was planning to make The Move(on). He also said that he’d searched for evidence of this on the web, and the only thing he was able to find was a Right Wing blogsite that talked about a Canadian immigration lawyer.


Well, I didn’t have the time to Google it then, but I just got done spending a few minutes doing the research. I Googled +”Rudi Kischer” +Canada (Kischer is the Canadian immigration lawyer most often interviewed by the MSM on this issue). Got 213 hits, too. Now, a lot of them were in fact blogsites, but I also found others. Let’s have a look:


Here’s a quote from an AP story I found in The Olympian (Olympia, Washington):

"We started last year getting a lot of calls from Americans dissatisfied with the way the country is going," [Canadian immigration lawyer Rudi] Kischer says. "Then after the election, it's been crazy up here. The Canadian immigration Web site had 115,000 hits the day after the election -- from the U.S. alone. We usually only get 20,000 hits."

And a quote from The Hilltop - The “Student Voice of Howard University”:

Canadian officials say interest in their country began almost a year before Bush's re-election, but surged when polls showed that Bush would defeat his democratic challenger.

Let’s wrap up with a quote from a story in The Christian Science Monitor (quote is from a former American now living in Canada):


"It's one of the hardest things I've had to do, but I feel I don't really have a choice," Appoldt says. "I just don't understand where 51 percent of this country [who voted for Mr. Bush] is coming from. I feel ostracized - like I don't fit in anymore."


There was another story from CNN, but it’s already been either moved or removed because the story is now a bit dated.


I guess my most basic point is that if you want to leave (permanently) the United States and become a citizen of another country, you are de facto not a patriot. I don’t question these people’s patriotism; I state emphatically that they are unpatriotic and un-American. No question aboot it, eh?

Now, if that makes you angry to read that, then you should realize that you don’t have an argument with me; you have an argument with the English language. In other words – deal with it.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?