<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 12, 2007

Why The Left Is Unfit To Lead America (Part XVIII)

Charlize Theron, actress, hottie, theoretical physicist and intellectual heavyweight of the Left (okay, I was kidding about the physicist part) has made herself a little “documentary,” entitled East of Havana, about rappers in the Workers’ Paradise of Cuba.

CNN’s Rick Sanchez (that’s right, CNN!??) interviewed Ms Theron recently, and plunged the depths of her intellect and got a little compare & contrast (US/Cuba) action.

Short answer: Difference between the US and Cuba? What difference?

Here's the transcript - but you'll want to check the video. Too good to miss. And forgive the emphasis I've added. I don't want my Lefty readers missing the delicious parts.

Sanchez: “There’s still a lack of freedom in Cuba, obviously...and you may have experienced this.”

Theron: ”Well, I would argue that there’s a lack of freedom in America...”

“Yah, but you don’t have Democrats being arrested or thrown in jail. And you can have a meeting in hour house and a... “

“No, but I do remember not too long ago um some people getting fired from their jobs on television because they spoke up on how they felt about the war.”

[voiceover] “Okay, fair enough, but does that mean that Cuban and US freedoms, or lack thereof, are parallel? I wanted her to explain, so I asked. And then it got a little testy.”

“Do you think the lack of freedoms in Cuba are parallel to the lack of freedoms in the United States?”

Well I would, I would compare those two. Yah, definitely. I mean the fact that these, these rappers have to show their lyrics to government officials before they perform. Um and that they have to get the okay from that, to somebody on a television show speaking up on the war in Iraq and losing their job.”

Well, I don't know of any "television" people losing their jobs for speaking out against the war in Iraq. In fact, it seems more like a solid career enhancer to do anything from spinning the news in Iraq against the Bush administration, to hyping the casualty count to make a Leftist political point, to leaking classified information to the enemy. And as to rappers in the US having to submit their lyrics to some faceless government minion for approval - anybody want to take a stab at what the hell she's talking about?

I'd sure like to find out where the money came from for this "documentary." Maybe some intrepid reporter will... ah, never mind. I know it ain't gonna happen.

But between this rotting piece of anti-American, pro-Communist Cuba propaganda, and Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 - another train wreck (plane crash?) of a "documentary," it's yet again very clear that the Left has to lie to people to convince them to agree with their point of view. Leave your intellectual honesty at the door, comrade.

Of course, like Moore, Sheehan, the Dixie Chicks, and countless other Leftist America-haters, where do they choose to actually live? Given the choice of over 200 nations around the world, each with its own form of government - no two alike, where do they make their home?

Sanchez: “It sounds like, it sounds like you don’t have a very high opinion of the United States if you think that the freedoms in the United States are really, are as bad as the freedoms in Cuba.”

Theron: “Oh my god, no you’re so wrong. I absolutely love... why, why do you think I live in the United States?”

Uh, because it's so like Cuba? I dunno. You tell us.
.
.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?